OFFICIAL RULES. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Submitting an entry constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
- Sweepstakes Timing: The Costa’s Holiday Catch Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins 12:00 a.m. ET on November 8, 2017 and ends 11:59 p.m. ET on December 21, 2017 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees of Costa Sunglasses dba Costa Del Mar, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), its respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, agents, advertising and promotional agencies, including the Sweepstakes administrator Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator"), and each of their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
- How to Enter the Sweepstakes Online: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate in the Sweepstakes. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. During the Sweepstakes Period, you can visit www.costadelmar.com/sweepstakes (the “Website”) and complete the registration form, including selecting your Grand Prize location preference, for one (1) entry into that day’s drawing and the applicable Grand Prize drawing. All eligible entries must be received online by the end of each day (as defined below) and ultimately by 11:59 p.m. ET on 12/21/2017, to be eligible for that day’s drawing and the applicable Grand Prize drawing. By entering the Sweepstakes you will be automatically opted-in to receive email communication from the Sponsor. Use of computer programs and other automatic means to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Limit one (1) entry per person per day during the Sweepstakes Period. Entries will not be carried forward for any subsequent days’ drawings but will be carried forward to the Grand Prize drawings. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “day” is defined as the 24-hour period between 12:00 a.m. ET and 11:59 p.m. ET. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Normal phone/Internet access and data/usage charges imposed by your phone/online service may apply.
- Random Drawings: There will be seven (7) separate drawings (conducted weekly) for the Daily Prizes (44 Daily Prizes total) from among all eligible entries received by the end of each day. Drawings will be conducted on or about 11/15/17, 11/22/17, 11/29/17, 12/6/17, 12/13/17, 12/20/17 and 12/22/17. Each of the seven (7) drawings will be for the Daily Prizes from the previous week (as applicable). On or about 12/22/17 there will be two (2) Grand Prize Drawings: one (1) for the Guatemala Grand Prize and one (1) for the Florida Keys Grand Prize, from among all eligible entries received overall indicating each Grand Prize choice during the Sweepstakes Period. Drawings will be conducted by the Administrator whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the drawings. Odds of winning a prize are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received by the end of each day and overall per Grand Prize choice during the Sweepstakes Period.
- Winner Notification: Each Grand Prize winner will be notified by phone/email. Grand Prize winners will be required to sign and return, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (where legal) (collectively, the “Release”) within five (5) days attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. The Release will be sent via email/email link and winner will need to return the Release within five (5) days of notification via fax or email/email link and may be required to send the original Release back via mail. Failure to reach the potential winner or to receive back the signed Releases within this timeframe or return of Release as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Travel companion of each Grand Prize winner must be 18 years of age or older and will be required to execute a Travel Companion Waiver/Release (where legal) prior to departure. A 1099 tax statement will be filed with the IRS for the Grand Prize winners for the actual value of the prizes awarded. The Daily Prize winners may be required to verify their eligibility/address via email and will then receive their prizes within 4-6 weeks of notification. Return of any prize notification/prize as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”): Guatemala Grand Prize (1): One winner will receive a trip for the Grand Prize winner and one (1) travel companion to Guatemala. Trip includes round trip coach class air transportation from major airport closest to Grand Prize winner’s home to destination city (with possible layovers, as determined solely by Sponsor), three (3) nights, four (4) days standard hotel accommodations (based on double occupancy, to be determined solely by Sponsor), the opportunity to spend half a day helping the coasts (clean up or other, as specified); have the opportunity to receive half a day of water activities such as fishing, boating or other (as specified); and a check for $500 for winner only. Grand Prize also includes a pair of Sponsor specified Costa Sunglasses for the Grand Prize winner and travel companion. The maximum ARV of the Guatemala Grand Prize is $7,000. Florida Keys Grand Prize (1): One winner will receive a trip for the Grand Prize winner and one (1) travel companion to the Florida Keys, FL. Trip includes round trip coach class air transportation from major airport closest to Grand Prize winner’s home to destination city (with possible layovers, as determined solely by Sponsor), three (3) nights, four (4) days standard hotel accommodations (based on double occupancy, to be determined solely by Sponsor), the opportunity to spend half a day helping the coasts (clean up or other, as specified); have the opportunity to receive one half a day of water activities such as fishing, boating or other (as specified); and a check for $500 for winner only. Grand Prize also includes a pair of Sponsor specified Costa Sunglasses for the Grand Prize winner and travel companion. The maximum ARV of the Florida Keys Grand Prize is $5,000. Grand Prize winners and respective travel companion must travel on dates specified by Sponsor (beginning January 1 through February 28th, 2018), or prize will be forfeited. Airline carrier's regulations and conditions apply. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Grand Prize winners and respective travel companion must travel together on the same itinerary. Grand Prize winners and travel companions must possess valid travel documents (i.e., valid government-issued photo lD, etc., valid passport, etc.) in order to travel. By accepting the prize, the Grand Prize winner confirms that he/she and his/her travel companion are physically capable of completing a day of clean up (as specified by Sponsor) and may be required to provide a doctor’s note, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. No compensation will be provided should any activity that does not take place due to weather, physical incapability or other act of god. Winners and travel companions must note that they may also get sea sick while on trip and should take any precautions therein. Any health issues the Grand Prize winner and his/her travel companion have that may impact their inability to participate in the prize components must be disclosed to Sponsor prior to the awarding of the Grand Prizes so that Sponsor may determine the feasibility of participation. All other expenses and costs, not expressly listed above, including, but not limited to, taxes, insurance, meals, telephone charges, room service and laundry services, personal expenses, gratuities, entertainment, transfers, incidental charges, or any other items not specifically described in these Official Rules, any transportation not mentioned within such prize descriptions and all expenses for any of the foregoing are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winners. ln the event a Grand Prize winner or travel companion engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor's sole discretion) is inappropriate or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip early, in whole or in part, and send the Grand Prize winner and travel companion home with no further compensation to the Grand Prize winner. Sponsor is not responsible for damages, losses or injury resulting from acceptance or use of prize. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for any prize will be permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Daily Prizes (44-one per day): A pair of Sponsor specified Costa Sunglasses awarded in the form of a code for redemption at Costadelmar.com. The maximum ARV of each Daily Prize is $289.99. The code is not valid on prescription sunglasses.
- General Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Entries become the property of the Sponsor. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. Winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry. Proof of entering information does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt of such information. Sponsor (as identified in these Official Rules) is not responsible for the failure of any email, or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or congestion on the internet, cellular transmission or at any website. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's or Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor and Administrator which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Sweepstakes and select the winners from among all eligible entries received by the end of each day and overall per Grand Prize choice prior to cancellation. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winners’/travel companions’ names and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By participating in the Sweepstakes, the entrant (winners and travel companions) agree that Sponsor, Administrator, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, retailers, advertising and Sweepstakes agencies, and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss, cost or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property, damages sustained due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entry creation (as applicable), the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize or parts thereof, if applicable or participation in the Sweepstakes or participation in any Sweepstakes or related activity. By entering the Sweepstakes, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents. The Sweepstakes and the Official Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Florida, without regard to conflicts of law provisions. Entrants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the state and federal courts located in Volusia County, Florida.
- Winners List: For the winners’ names, available after January 1, 2018, send a self-addressed stamped envelope no later than January 1, 2018, to Costa’s Holiday Catch Sweepstakes Winners, 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Costa’s Sunglasses dba Costa Del Mar, Inc., 2361 Mason Avenue, Suite 100 Daytona Beach, FL 32117.
- Administrator: The Administrator of the Sweepstakes is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
COSTA® is a registered trademark of Costa del Mar, Inc.