OFFICIAL RULES. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Submitting an entry constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
- Sweepstakes Timing: The Costa OCEARCH Win a Shark Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins 12:00 a.m. ET on May 29, 2017 and ends 11:59 p.m. ET on July 31, 2017 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees of Costa Sunglasses dba Costa del Mar, Inc. (the “Sponsor”), its respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, agents, advertising and promotional agencies, including the Sweepstakes administrator Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”) and OCEARCH, and each of their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
- How to Enter the Sweepstakes: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate in the Sweepstakes. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. During the Sweepstakes Period, you can visit www.WinaShark.com (the “Website”) and complete the registration form for one (1) entry into the random drawing. You may also access the Website by using your cellular phone or a two-way text-messaging capable device, by texting ‘SHARK’ to 59769. You will be texted a link to the Website in which you can click on and complete the registration form for one (1) entry into the random drawing. All eligible entries must be received online by 11:59 p.m. ET on 7/31/2017, to be eligible for the Sweepstakes drawing. By entering the Sweepstakes you will be automatically opted-in to receive email communication from the Sponsor and OCEARCH. Use of computer programs and other automatic means to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Limit one (1) entry per person during the Sweepstakes Period. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Normal phone/Internet access and data/usage charges imposed by your phone/online service may apply.
- Note About Participating Via A Cellular Device: When you use a cellular phone or a two-way text-messaging capable device, and transmit data via such device, standard data/text messaging rates may apply according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier and are your responsibility to pay. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance and are your responsibility to pay. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes if you have any questions or concerns. Not all carriers will participate. Check your device’s capabilities for specific instructions. Response text messages to you will be sent from an automated system. Multiple entrants are not permitted to enter from the same device.
- Random Drawings: On or about 8/1/2017, one (1) Grand Prize winner and ten (10) First Prize winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Drawing will be conducted by the Administrator. Odds of winning a prize are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
- Winner Notification: Each winner will be notified by phone/email. Winners will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release (where legal) (collectively, the “Release”) within seventy-two (72) hours of notification attempt or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. The Release will be sent via email/email link and winner will need to return the Release within seventy-two (72) hours of notification via fax or email/email link and may be required to send the original Release back via mail. Failure to reach the potential winner or to receive back the signed Releases within this timeframe or return of prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Travel companion of Grand Prize winner must be 18 years of age or older and will be required to execute a Travel Companion Waiver/Release (where legal) prior to departure. A 1099 tax statement will be filed with the IRS for the Grand Prize winner for the actual value of the prize awarded. The First Prize winners will be selected after the Grand Prize has been awarded and First Prize winners will receive their prizes within 4-6 weeks of the receipt of Release.
- Prize and Approximate Retail Value (ARV): Grand Prize (1): A 7-day/6-night trip for the Grand Prize winner and one (1) travel companion to a Sponsor selected destination in the Montauk, NY area for the opportunity to spend one (1) night minimum and three (3) nights maximum on the M/V OCEARCH shark research vessel observing the OCEARCH team on a shark tagging expedition (“expedition”). Trip includes round trip coach class air transportation from major airport closest to Grand Prize winner’s home to destination city (with possible layovers, as determined solely by Sponsor), a minimum of three (3) nights [and up to a maximum of five (5) nights (depending on the length of expedition)] standard hotel accommodations (based on double occupancy) in the Montauk, NY area (to be determined solely by Sponsor), the opportunity to meet some of the crew of the M/V OCEARCH shark research vessel; observe some of the world’s top shark scientists and researchers at work; and have the opportunity to ask them select questions. Also, if a shark is tagged and released during the expedition, the Grand Prize winner will have the opportunity to see a shark from a safe observing position on the ship and also have the opportunity to name a shark (subject to the final approval of Sponsor and OCEARCH). Grand Prize also includes Sponsor specified Costa Sunglasses and an OCEARCH prize pack, including two (2) t-shirts, a hat and a tumbler and $500 spending money for the Grand Prize winner, awarded in the form of a check. The maximum ARV of the Grand Prize is $7,999. There is no retail value associated with the OCEARCH expedition portion of the Grand Prize. Day(s) on M/V OCEARCH shark research vessel is/are subject to weather conditions, scheduling and other factors outside the control of Sponsor and OCEARCH. No guarantees of fishing and/or tagging of sharks while on the trip can be made by Sponsor. No compensation will be provided should expedition on M/V OCEARCH shark research vessel but will instead increase the hotel accommodations to six (6) nights in lieu of the expedition. Grand Prize winner and travel companion must travel on dates specified by Sponsor (for a 7-day period beginning August 18th -through August 27th, 2017), or prize will be forfeited. Airline carrier's regulations and conditions apply. Trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. Grand Prize winner and travel companion must travel together on the same itinerary. Grand Prize winner and travel companion must possess valid travel documents (i.e., valid government-issued photo lD, etc.) in order to travel. By accepting the prize, the Grand Prize winner confirms that he/she and his/her travel companion are physically capable of traveling on a boat during potential rough sea conditions. Any health issues the Grand Prize winner and his/her travel companion have that may impact their inability to participate in the expedition must be disclosed to Sponsor prior to the awarding of the Grand Prize so that Sponsor may determine the feasibility of participation. Sponsor and OCEARCH will not be responsible for acts of god or any other natural disasters outside their control that may happen during the expedition. All other expenses and costs, not expressly listed above, including, but not limited to, taxes, insurance, telephone charges, room service and laundry services, personal expenses, gratuities, entertainment, transfers, incidental charges, or any other items not specifically described in these Official Rules, any transportation not mentioned within such prize descriptions and all expenses for any of the foregoing are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. ln the event the Grand Prize winner or travel companion engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor's sole discretion) is inappropriate or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip early, in whole or in part, and send the Grand Prize winner and travel companion home with no further compensation to the Grand Prize winner. Sponsor is not responsible for damages, losses or injury resulting from acceptance or use of prize. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for any prize will be permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor due to unavailability for any reason, including but not limited to, cancellation, scheduling conflicts or an event of force majeure, or any reason in Sponsor's sole discretion; and, in such circumstance, an alternate prize/prize component of equal value will be awarded and the Sponsor's obligation to the winner will be fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided. First Prize (10): Sponsor specified Costa Sunglasses and an OCEARCH prize pack, including a hat and t-shirt. The maximum ARV of each First Prize is $341.99.
- General Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Entries become the property of the Sponsor. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the account used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. Winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the account associated with the entry. Proof of entering information does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt of such information. Sponsor (as identified in these Official Rules) is not responsible for the failure of any email, text or entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or congestion on the internet, cellular transmission or at any website. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's or Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor and Administrator which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Sweepstakes and select the winners from among all eligible entries received by the end of the Sweepstakes Period prior to cancellation. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winners’ names and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. By participating in the Sweepstakes, the entrant agrees that Sponsor, Administrator, OCEARCH, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, retailers, advertising and Sweepstakes agencies, and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss, cost or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property, damages sustained due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entry creation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize or parts thereof, if applicable or participation in the Sweepstakes or participation in any Sweepstakes or related activity. By entering the Sweepstakes, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents. The Sweepstakes and the Official Rules shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Florida, without regard to conflicts of law provisions. Entrants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the state and federal courts located in Volusia County, Florida.
- Winners List: For the winners’ names, available after August 31, 2017, send a self addressed stamped envelope no later than September 30, 2017, to Costa OCEARCH Win a Shark Sweepstakes Winners, 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Costa Sunglasses dba Costa del Mar, Inc., 2361 Mason Avenue, Suite 100 Daytona Beach, FL 32117.
- Administrator: The Administrator of the Sweepstakes is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.