Costa lenses were made with changing light conditions in mind. To get the most out of them, it's important to chose the right color. We offer seven lens colors in multiple lens technologies that range from low light like dawn to extremely bright light with blinding glare.
Costa Polarized Lenses vs. Standard Polarized Lenses
Polarized lenses are essential for anyone who spends time outdoors - especially on the water. But, not all polarized sunglasses are created equal.
Costa is 100% polarized
- Best polarizing efficiency available
- Improves comfort and reduces eye strain by eliminating reflective glare
Costa only sells polarized sunglasses
- Because we believe blocking reflective glare is essential for anyone on the water or outdoors, we only manufacture polarized sunglasses
Keeps bad light out, lets more good light in
Standard Sun Lens
Simulated with Costa 580® Lens
A molecular bond on our plastic lenses provides the most scratch-resistant and smudge-free barrier, repelling water, oil and sweat for easier cleaning.
Bayer Abrasion Test:
A 7+ rating, which beats the industry average of 3-5
Fluids bead off the lens at an angle of 116 degrees - greater than the industry standard of 105-112 degrees
- A higher contact angle keeps droplets rounder. The rounder the droplet, the easier it rolls off the lens and less likely to flatten and spread out on the lens surface
- The results is a smudge-free, easier-to-clean lens
Shown: South Point in Palladium with Copper Silver Mirror Polarized with Costa's 580 technology.
Our mirrors are more than an aesthetic, they put Costa on the map. Made through a high-tech beam ion deposition process, these multilayered thin film coatings make for the most scratch resistant mirrors out there. By bouncing reflected light away from the eye, they deliver superior contrast and color while enhancing visual acuity. Our mirrors are available in blue, green, sunrise silver, gray silver and copper silver.